Indeed, U.S.A. is not America!
America is the name of a whole continent. United States of America means that the United States belongs to America and NOT that America belongs to the United States. So, next time you want to refer to The United States of America, you can do it as U.S. or the States or whatever you want but not as only America. Gotcha?
How should I use the term America then?
Here we will show you some wrong and correct uses of the term America:
- This is how we do it in America.
- This is how we do it in the States.
- America is my country and I love it.
- The United States is my country and I love it.
- America lost the Vietnam war.
- U.S.A. lost the Vietnam war.
- Here in America we love Mc Donald's.
- Here in the U.S. we love Mc Donald's.
Please, note that this page in not about demonyms (gentilics) but about the way to call a country.
Want to shout something?
27th Aug, 7:28 PMThe name of the continent is AMERICA not Las Americas. Las Americas is the plural in Spanish for the common name given to the subdivision of the regions of the continent of America.
27th Aug, 7:24 PMEl nombre del continente es America no Las Americas como inventaron los gringos para desviar su intencion. America es el nombre del continente no Las Americas.
26th Aug, 9:15 PM26th Aug, 11:10 AM We aren't moving aside just because you want to claim the name of our continent and the people for yourselves.
26th Aug, 9:12 PM26th Aug, 11:10 AM Because the continent of America is our motherland, we are Americans. Our nationalities are irrelevent to the topic at hand.
26th Aug, 8:24 PMAbout 2/3 of the population of continent of America is Latin American. Latin America stretches from part of northern to the entire southern region of the continent of America.
26th Aug, 8:21 PM"26th Aug, 6:31 PM" ; Latin America was also populated by Europeans with blond hair/blue eyes/white skin. If people from El Salvador or Mexico are dyeing their hairs blonde it is same as those in the U.S. who are blonde but dye their hairs black or brown, it is a case of choice not of superiority of race or anything. Why are white people worshipping the sun or tan salons to have a tan like Latinos have? Need to travel outside the U.S. to learn all those things you don't yet know.
26th Aug, 8:15 PMhow many gringos and gringos bathe in the sun to have the tan that Latinos were graced with?
26th Aug, 8:12 PMThe U.S. took the name of the continent of America when it got its independence. America is one continent. The U.S. used the name of the continent of America.
26th Aug, 8:05 PMPeople in the U.S. should learn more about their neighbors of the same continent of America.
26th Aug, 8:04 PMSouth America? It is the southern region of the continent of America, not the United States OF America
26th Aug, 8:00 PMAccording to the gringo, the continent of America was named after the U.S. LOL
26th Aug, 7:58 PMLatin American people are fat??? you should see people in the U.S. where there is a pandemic of overweigh people.
26th Aug, 7:55 PMSome people in the U.S. are so naive they don't even know that there were also European immigrants coming to the rest of the continent of America that they think they are the only ones with European hereditary traits. America is one continent and European immigrants came to many parts of the continent and not just the U.S.
26th Aug, 7:50 PMThe person who thinks that from Mexico to Chile there are no blonde blue eye people needs to travel to any of these countries in between Mexico and Tierra del Fuego that person will be speachless to find out that whatever he/she said it's ridiculous.
26th Aug, 7:42 PMA América é um continente. É o nome dado em 1507 por Martin Waldseemüller americanos são todos do continente da América, especialmente aqueles com sangue nativo (ex: os latinos)
26th Aug, 7:39 PMAmerica is a continent. It is the name given by Martin Waldseemuller in 1507. American is everyone from the continent of America, especially those with native bloodline (ex: Latinos)
26th Aug, 7:37 PMAmerica es un continente. Es el nombre dado por Martin Waldseemuller en 1507. Americanos somos todos los de el continente de America, especialmente esos con sangre nativa (ej: Latinos)
26th Aug, 7:24 PM300 MILLION ARE IN AMERICA! AMERICA IS A COUNTRY
26th Aug, 7:20 PMActually they are 900 million people in the Americas not BILLIONS OF PEOPLE and 300 are in AMERICA. AMERICA IS A COUNTRY!!!
* showing the last 20 shouts.26th Aug, 6:31 PMI don't like your approach. You can't and won't tell me how to use the term America. Also what would be my demonym, definetly not GRINGO, NORTE AMERICANO, ESTADOS UNIDENSE, CHELE... Sorry but I'm an American NOT YOU. IN America we don't favor Mc Donald's. Every country in the world except Mexico down don't call us AMERICANS. Another thing, I LOVE MY COUNTRY. YOU BEANERS JUST LOVE MY PEOPLE, BLONDE, BROWN, AND WHITE SKIN. I see people in Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, THEY BLEACH THEIR HAIR SO THEY CANT LOOK WHITE!!! THATS SAD, you say AMERICA has a supurity complex, you all are just INSECURE. People in Latin America are FAT, FATTTTTTT! YOU BEANERS have the MOST UGLY LANGUAGE and you SOUND LIKE MONKEYS TO ME. AMERICA is the FIRST country to gain inependence in the Americas, SO WE CLAIMED THE NAME AMERICA FIRST!!! Hahahaha now you get it! GOOD! BEANERS SHOULD HAVE LESS KIDS OR GO HOME CAUSE THEY ARE ILLEGAL IN THE FIRST PLACE. No wonder America's Heath insurance sucks. I LOVE AMERICA AND THIS IS HOW YOU SPEAK FOR YOU COUNTRY, MINE IS AMERICA, THE GREATEST NATION IN THE WORLD!!!! P.S. WE INSPIRE YOU, WE OWN YOU!!!!!